Last Update: [August 23, 2023]
Effective Date: [September 1, 2023 ]
For additional information about the privacy choices you have regarding your personal information, please review Section 6. Your Privacy Choices . If you are a resident of California, please refer to Section 13. California Privacy Rights for information about the categories of personal information we collect and your rights under California privacy laws.
Table of Contents
- Scope of this Policy
- Personal Information We Collect
- Purposes for Collection and Processing
- Disclosures of Personal Information
- Cookies, Targeting, and Analytics
- Your Privacy Choices
- External Links and Features
- User Generated Content
- Children’s Privacy
- Changes to this Policy
- Contact Us
- California Privacy Rights
1. Scope of this Policy
Except as otherwise described below, this Policy applies to the personal information Sensio collects and processes related to:
- visitors to our websites that link to this Policy, including madebygather.com, bellahousewares.com, beautifulbydrew.com, cruxkitchen.com, cruxgg.com (each a “Site,” andcollectively, the “Sites”);
- individuals who register for or participate in our events, surveys, research, promotions, and sweepstakes we conducted;
- individuals who subscribe to receive news, information, and marketing communications and materials from us;
- current, former, and prospective business partners, and vendors and service providers; and
- individuals who communicate or otherwise interact or engage with us through our Sites.
Other Notices. Depending on how you interact or engage with us, we may provide you with other privacy notices with additional details about our privacy practices. These additional notices will control to the extent there is a conflict with this Policy. For example, this Policy does not apply to the personal information that we collect and process about job applicants and candidates for employment with us, or to employees or contractors in the context of our working relationship with them.
2. Personal Information We Collect
As further described below, we may collect personal information directly from you, from third-party sources, and automatically through your use of our Site.
Personal Information Collected Directly from You. While the personal information we collect varies depending upon your use of our Site and our interactions with you, in general, we may collect the following personal information directly from you:
- Contact Information. When you contact us, including if you send us a message or sign up to learn more about our Site, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, or other similar identifiers, as well as your message, the nature of your inquiry, and any other information you so choose to provide.
- Communications and Interactions. When you email, call, or otherwise communicate or interact with us, including if you sign up for our mailing lists, complete forms on our Sites, interact with our social media pages, post a product review or testimonial, submit content in any online discussion groups, or otherwise enter information into public-facing comment fields, blogs, or community forums sponsored by or affiliated with Sensio, we may collect and maintain records of your contact details, communications and interactions, and your posts or submissions.
- Promotional Information. If you agree to receive marketing communications from us, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, preferences, and if relevant, information about your account and profile, including the Site and features you use. If you participate in special activities, offers, programs, promotions, or sweepstakes we offer, we may also collect certain contact details, your age, and any other information that may be required by law. If you win a contest, promotion, or sweepstakes, we may also collect certain tax information and/or waivers and releases, depending on the prize and as required by applicable law.
- Events and Registration Details. We also may collect personal information related to your participation in our events, as well as other requests that you submit to us related to our Site. For example, if you register for or attend an event that we host or sponsor, we may collect information related to your registration for and participation in such event.
- Preferences and Other Requests. We may also collect information about your preferences, including communications preferences, preferences related to your use of our Site, and any other preferences or requests you provide when interacting with us.
- Business Development and Operations Information. To assess and pursue potential business opportunities, and to operate our business, we may collect and receive personal information about current, former, and prospective business partners, and vendors and service providers, including contact information and other similar identifiers, company and professional-related information, and communications records.
Personal Information Collected from Other Sources. We may also collect and receive certain personal information about you from other sources, such as from business partners, retailers, social media platforms, and service providers who provide services or perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may receive your name, contact details, and other similar information from retailers for warranty and recall purposes. In addition, we may collect the following information from other sources:
- Social Media Information. You may choose to interact with us using your social media accounts. In doing so, we may collect or receive personal information about you that you have provided to that social media platform and/or social networking website. For example, we may collect information related to your account and profile, such as your name, username, email, profile picture, friend lists, public postings, and other similar information available on your profile.
- Responses and Feedback. We work with business partners and service providers to solicit responses and feedback from you in connection with your use of our products. If you participate in surveys, questionnaires, or research activities or initiatives conducted by our business partners or service providers, such as for market research, user satisfaction, or other similar purposes, we may receive information related to your response and feedback, your review or testimonial, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Device and Browsing Information. When you use our Site, we may collect browser type, domain name, page views, access times, date/time stamps, operating system, language, device type, unique ID, Internet service provider, referring and exiting URLs, clickstream data, and other similar device and browsing information.
- Activities and Usage. We also may collect activity information related to your use of the Site, such as information about the links clicked, searches, features used, items viewed, time spent within the Site, your interactions with us within the Site, and other similar activity and usage information.
- Location Information. We also may collect or derive general location information about you, such as through your IP address.
3. Purposes for Collecting and Processing
Generally, we may collect, use, disclose and otherwise process the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- Services and Support. To provide and operate our Site, communicate with you about your use of the Site, provide troubleshooting, technical support, or for similar support purposes, and to respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, and to otherwise run our day-to-day operations.
- Analytics and Improvement. To better understand how users access and use the Site, and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve the Sites and business operations, including to develop our Site and its features, and for internal quality control and training purposes.
- Communicate with You. To respond to your questions, send you requested materials and newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding our products. We may also use this information to send administrative information to you.
- Customization and Personalization. To tailor content we may send or display on the Site, including to offer location customization and to otherwise personalize your experiences and offerings.
- Marketing and Advertising. For marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes. For example, to send you promotional information about our products, including information about Sensio events, sales, deals, discounts, and new offerings, as well as any other information that you sign up to receive.
- Research and Surveys. To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- Security and Protection of Rights. To protect the us and our business operations, our rights and those of others, to prevent and detect fraud, unauthorized activities and access, and other misuse of our Site, including where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety or legal rights of any person or third party, or violations of our Terms and Conditions.
- Compliance and Legal Process. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding, to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process, or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
- Auditing, Reporting, and Other Internal Operations. To conduct financial, tax and accounting audits, audits, and assessments of our operations, including our privacy, security, and financial controls, as well as for risk and compliance purposes. We may also use personal information to maintain appropriate business records and enforce our policies and procedures.
- General Business and Operational Support. To assess and implement mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, bankruptcies, and other business transactions such as financings, and to operate our business and administer our business, accounting, auditing, compliance, recordkeeping, and legal functions.
4. How We May Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose the personal information we collect for the purposes described above and as follows:
- Affiliates, and Subsidiaries. We may disclose the personal information we collect with our corporate affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Business Partners. In some circumstances, we may partner with other businesses to offer services, including to facilitate certain programs or special offerings, and we may disclose personal information to those business partners. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to retailers or manufacturers for warranty or recall purposes.
- Vendors and Services Providers. We may disclose the personal information we collect to vendors and service providers who perform functions on our behalf, such as IT and website hosting, product shipment and order fulfillment facilitators, marketing and marketing research providers, customer support, data storage, data analytics providers, auditors, consultants, and legal counsel.
- Marketing and Analytics Providers. We may also disclose your personal information, such as device and browsing, and activities and usage information, to marketing and data analytics providers, and other companies who provide marketing, advertising, campaign management, or analytics services on our behalf.
We may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- In Support of Business Transfers. If we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may disclose or transfer the personal information we have collected from you with or to the other company in accordance with applicable laws. We may also disclose certain personal information as necessary prior to the completion of such a transaction or other corporate transaction such as a financing or restructuring, to lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- Compliance and Legal Obligations. We may also disclose personal information to third parties to the extent required by applicable law and legal obligations. For example, we may disclose information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and other lawful requests by regulators, government entities, and law enforcement, including responding to national security or law enforcement disclosure requirements, or as otherwise required by law or legal process. In addition, we may disclose the names of sweepstakes and contests winners in accordance with applicable law.
- Aggregated and/or Deidentified Data. Notwithstanding anything else described in this Policy, we may use and disclose aggregate, deidentified, and other non-identifiable data related to our business and the Site for quality control, analytics, research, development, and other purposes.
- Other Disclosures. We may disclose personal information in other ways not described above that we notify you of or that we obtain your consent for, or that are otherwise authorized or required by law.
5. Cookies, Targeting, and Analytics
Cookies. “Cookies” are a small text file stored on a user's device (such as a computer or smartphone) by a website they visit. It is created by the website’s server and sent to the user's browser, where it is stored for future reference. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process, support the security and performance of the Site, or allow us to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity within the Site.
Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (sometime called web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. While cookies are stored locally on your device, pixel tags are embedded invisibly within web pages and online content. We may use these, in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of users, and help us manage content and compile usage statistics. We may also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can track response rates and gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
Cross-Device Use. We and our third-party service providers may use the information we collect about you (whether directly from our Site, through your device(s), or from third party sources) to help us and our third-party service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.). We and our third-party service providers may also use the information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising or personalize content within our Site. To opt-out of cross-device advertising, you may follow the instructions set forth below. Please note, if you opt-out of these targeted advertising cookies, the opt-out will be specific to the web browser, app, or device from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or web browsers, you will need to opt-out each browser or device that you use.
6. Your Privacy Choices
Managing Your Preferences. We make available several ways for you to manage your preferences and privacy choices, as described below:
- Marketing Communications. We may send periodic promotional emails or other similar communications to you. You may opt-out of these communications by following the instructions provided to you in the communication. If you opt-out of receiving promotional content from us, we may still send you communications about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Cookie Preferences/Targeted Advertising. We also make available several ways for you to manage your preferences regarding cookies, targeted advertising, and other similar tracking mechanisms within our Site. Many of these choices are browser and device specific, which means that you may need to set the preference for each browser and device you use to access our Site. In addition, if you delete or block cookies, you may need to reapply these preferences to each browser and/or device. Further, opting out of cookies and advertising does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising content from us, and you may continue to receive generic or “contextual” ads from us.
- Cookie Settings. To prevent cookies from tracking your activity on our Sites or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. You can also delete cookies. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to delete cookies. Visitors to our Sites who disable cookies will be able to browse the Sites, but some features may not function.
- Browser Signals. To the extent required by applicable law, if our Sites detect that your browser is transmitting an opt-out preference signal, such as a “global privacy control” (or GPC) signal, we will apply that signal to opt that particular browser on your device out of targeting cookies on our Sites. If you come to our Site from a different device or from a different browser on the same device, you will need to apply GPC for that browser and/or device as well.
- Industry Ad Choice Programs. You can also control how participating third-party ad companies use the information that they collect about your visits to our Sites and those of third parties, in order to display more relevant targeted advertising to you. If you are in the U.S., you can obtain more information and opt out of receiving targeted ads from participating third-party ad networks at aboutads.info/choices (Digital Advertising Alliance). You may also download the DAA AppChoices tool in order to help control interest-based advertising on apps on your mobile device.
Residents of certain jurisdictions, including California, may have additional rights to control their personal information, as set forth below in Section 13. Additional Information for California Residents.
7. External Links and Features
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites or features or provide certain third-party connections or integrated services. Any access to and use of such linked websites or features is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third parties, including their collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. You should review the privacy policies and terms for any third parties before proceeding to those websites or using those features.
8. User Generated Content
We may offer interactive functionality that enables you to share information about products you have purchased (e.g., product reviews, testimonials, and questions). For example, we may provide QR codes with our products that enable you to leave a review for the product you have purchased. Any communications you submit using such interactive functionality may be viewable and searchable by others. By submitting content using the interactive functionality you acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in the content you submit for such features, whether or not it contains personal information about you.
We have implemented reasonable precautions aimed to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
10. Children's Policy
Our Site are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that personal information has been collected on the Site from persons under the age of 16, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you believe we have collected your child’s information in violation of applicable law, please contact us using the contact information below.
11. Changes to the Policy
This Policy is current as of the date set forth above. We may change, update, or modify this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any updates to this Policy here. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices regarding our use of the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice, such as by emailing you or by posting prominent notice on our Sites or within the Site.
12. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, you may contact us using the following methods:
Made by Gather:
- 1 866-832-4843
- 1 866-832-4843
- 1 866-832-4843
- 1 866-832-4843
- 1 866-832-4843
13. California Privacy Rights
This section of the Policy provides additional information for California residents and describes our information practices pursuant to applicable California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights 2020, and its implementing regulations (collectively, the “CCPA”).
To the extent you are a California resident, and we collect “personal information” subject to the CCPA, the following applies. This section does not address or apply to our handling of our handling of publicly available information or personal information that is otherwise exempt under the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information Collected. The following identifies the categories of personal information we may collect about you (and may have collected in the prior 12 months), as defined by the CCPA. Depending on how you use the Site, we may collect or receive the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers. Includes direct identifiers such as name, alias, email, phone number, address, user ID or username, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, or other similar identifiers.
- Customer Records. Incudes information such as name, user ID or username, account name, contact information, and other information collected for customer service and support purposes.
- Commercial Information. Includes records of Site purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information. Includes, but is not limited to, browsing history, clickstream data, search history, and information regarding interactions with our Sites and the Site, advertisements, or emails, including other usage data related to your use of any of our Site or other similar online services.
- Location Data. Such as general location information about a particular individual or device.
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, or Similar Information. Includes, but is not limited to, information collected via call recordings if you are interacting with us in a customer service capacity or if you call us on a recorded line, recorded meetings and webinars, videos, photographs, and user profile images.
- Inferences. Such as inferences drawn from any of the information described in this section about a consumer including inferences reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, behaviors, attitudes, abilities, and aptitudes.
Sources of Personal Information. We generally collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly or indirectly from you;
- Our brands, affiliates, and subsidiaries;
- Our business partners;
- Our service providers;
- Internet service providers;
- Social media platforms; and
- Marketing and data analytics providers.
Purposes of Collection, Use, and Disclosure. As described above in Section 3. Purposes of Collection and Processing, in general, we may collect and otherwise process personal information for the following purposes and as otherwise directed or consented to by you:
- Services and support;
- Analytics and improvement;
- Communicate with You;
- Customization and personalization;
- Marketing and advertising;
- Research and surveys;
- Security and protection of rights;
- Compliance and legal process;
- Auditing, reporting, and other internal operations; and
- General business and operational support.
Retention of Personal Information. We retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted, based on the reason we obtained it (consistent with applicable law). When deciding how long to keep your personal information, we consider whether we are subject to any legal obligations (e.g., any laws that require us to keep records for a certain period before we can delete them) or whether we have taken any legal positions (e.g., issued any legal holds or otherwise need to preserve the information). Rather than delete your data, we may also deidentify it by removing identifying details. Where we have committed to maintaining and using personal information in a deidentified form, we agree not to reidentify deidentified data except as permitted by applicable law.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties and Other Recipients. The categories of personal information we may have disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months include: identifiers; customer records; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity information; location data; audio, electronic, visual, or similar information; professional information; and inferences. The categories of third parties and other recipients to whom we may disclose personal information for a business purpose may include: advisors and agents; brands, affiliates, subsidiaries; business partners and retailers; vendors and service providers; data analytics providers; advertising networks; regulators, government entities and law enforcement; and others as required by applicable law.
Sales and Sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “sale” as disclosing or making available personal information to a third-party in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration, and “sharing” includes disclosing or making available personal information to a third-party for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising. While we do not disclose personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation, we may “sell” or “share” the following categories of personal information: identifiers; and Internet and network activity information. We may disclose this information to third-party advertising networks, marketing and analytics providers, and social networks for purposes of marketing and advertising and to improve and measure our ad campaigns. We do not sell or share sensitive personal information, nor do we sell or share personal information about individuals we know are under age sixteen (16).
Your CCPA Rights. The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding personal information. Subject to certain conditions and exceptions, California residents have the following rights with respect to their personal information:
Right to Know/Access. You have the right to request:
- The categories or personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information; (we do not sell or share personal data covered by this Policy);
- The categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information; and
- A copy of the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request we delete your personal information.
Right to Opt-Out of Sales and Sharing. We do not sell or share the personal information we collect that is subject to this Policy, so there is no need to exercise this right.
Right to Limit Use. We do not engage in uses or disclosures of “sensitive personal information” that would trigger the right to limit use of sensitive personal information under the CCPA.
Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights described in this section.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights. If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your CCPA rights, depending on which brand you interact with you may do so via any of the methods described below:
- Right to Know, Delete, and Correct. California residents may submit CCPA requests to access/know, delete, and correct their personal information by contacting us at:
Made by Gather:
- 1 866-832-4843
- 1 866-832-4843
- 1 866-832-4843
- 1 866-832-4843
Verification. Before responding to your request, we must first verify your identity using the personal information you recently provided to us. You must provide us your full name and email address. We will take steps to verify your request by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records. In some cases, we may request additional information to verify your identity, or where necessary to process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial.
Authorized Agent. You may designate someone as an authorized agent to submit requests and act on your behalf. Authorized agents will be required to provide proof of their authorization in their first communication with us, and we may also require that the relevant consumer directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent.